PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING
MAY 11, 2010
7:00 P.M.


I. CALL MEETING TO ORDER

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairman Tony Butrum.


II. ROLL CALL

Members Present: Carolyn Ghantous, David Okum, Richard Bauer, Don Darby,
Tom Vanover and Tony Butrum

Members Absent: Steve Galster

Others Present: Anne McBride, City Planner; William McErlane, Building Official; Don Shvegzda, City Engineer


III. MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF APRIL 13, 2010

Mr. Okum moved to adopt the April 13, 2010 Planning Commission meeting minutes, Mr. Vanover seconded the motion and the minutes were adopted with six “aye” votes, one Member being absent.


IV. REPORT ON COUNCIL

No report on Council presented.


V. OLD BUSINESS

A. Chairman Butrum: We have the façade paint at Outback Steak House, 11790 Springfield Pike.

Shaina Hills, proprietor: We are wanting approval to have our paint color more consistent with the other corporate Outback’s.

(At this time Mr. McErlane read his Staff Comments.)
Ms. McBride: The only thing that I would add to that is because it is in a “T” District our Zoning Code requires that a Member of Planning Commission that is a Member of City Council make the determination that this is in fact a minor change; it is a requirement of the Code.

Mr. Vanover: I don’t deem this a major change.

Mr. Okum: I travel a lot and I don’t recall seeing the yellow that strong.

Ms. Hills: It is a really light shade, more of a beige color.

Mr. Okum: The photo looks more gold. The chip that says “Outback Yellow” is probably a better representation.

Chairman Butrum: That is a good point. There is about a 10’ of overhang, so there is going to be heavy shadowing that is not reflective.

Mr. Okum: I saw trucks there at the site, are you doing some remodeling, as well?

Ms. Hills: We are doing some minor changes to the lobby, benches and things like that.
Mr. Okum: Mr. Chairman, I would like to make a motion to approve the color request for changes to only the Outback Steak House face at Wimbledon Plaza, to include the lower part of the wainscot to be Sherwin Williams EP4, the upper part above the wainscot to be Sherwin Williams EP5 and the trim accent color to be Outback Ivory Sherwin Williams EP3 or approved equal.
Mr. Darby seconded the motion.

Mr. Bauer polled the Planning Commission Members and with six “aye” votes, one Member absent, the request was approved for façade paint at Outback Steak House, 11790 Springfield Pike.


B. Chairman Butrum: The second item under Old Business is the wall sign at Hoxworth Blood Center, University of Cincinnati, 11812 Springfield Pike.

Mr. McErlane: I had emailed the sign representative on the 23rd of April and advised him that if he was going to submit revised sign drawings that they needed to be in by the 30th and when I didn’t receive anything on the 30th I called him on May 3rd and he indicated he had not heard anything back from University of Cincinnati and that the initial information he got from the University of Cincinnati did take a long time to begin with – he didn’t expect to hear anything back before the end of the week. I asked him if he would advise us by the end of the week if he wanted to be tabled and I have not heard back from him. It is my recommendation that this be tabled another month and we will figure out what he wants to do.

Mr. Okum: If you do have an opportunity, the new sign package is on the Hoxworth facility in the Lowe’s plaza on Mason Montgomery Road, that same sign package.

Chairman Butrum: I will entertain a motion to table.

Mr. Vanover: I move to table.
Mr. Darby seconded, and with six “aye” votes, one Member absent, the sign request for Hoxworth Blood Center, University of Cincinnati was tabled.


VI. NEW BUSINESS

A. Chairman Butrum: We have one item for New Business, a request for outdoor sales and landscaping, west entrance of Tri-County Mall at 11700 Princeton Pike.

Mr. Jim Johnson: I am an architect and I am handling this project for Tri-County Mall and there are two empty pads of dirt, one on each side of the entrance on Princeton Pike; they have been there for two years with a fence around them, originally intended to be two restaurants that just didn’t work out. What the Mall would like to do is take the pad on the north side and just landscape it. Some of the landscaping will be permanent and maintained by the Mall, the other will be seasonal and handled by the tenant on the south side. On the south side it is to be an outdoor nursery sales, flowers, plants in the spring and summer; maybe Thanksgiving cornstalks, pumpkins and Christmas trees during that season. It will have a low retaining wall that is really just there to provide a sloped landscaping area around the perimeter. There will be 6 X 6 treated wood posts similar to one of the pictures with some overhead framing to define these 12’ X 12’ bays. The entire interior area will just be crushed limestone compacted base. There will be some large trees planted closer to the Mall to provide a screen for a large blank grey wall that is there now. There is not a lot of security; there will be a fence on one side. There is parking that was provided initially there for carry-out for the restaurants, the parking is there and that is where deliveries will be made and where people will pick up their plants if they have more than they can conveniently carry to their car. There will be some permanent greenhouse roofs over an area where plants need to be protected in the spring and we’ll cover an area or some kind of a sales desk / cash register. Anything below that overhead framing will come out in the non-season. The greenhouse roofs will stay, all the wood framing will stay. It is important to the Mall that the area then be attractive and not look empty; it is after all seasonal sales.

(At this time Mr. McErlane read his Staff report.)

Mr. Jim Johnson: That is just an option that was mentioned, some plants can’t take direct sun all day. The sun-stopper is just screen that is stretched across the framing at the top and it just provides varying degrees of shade, you can buy it from 30% to 80% shade. It is just like putting a screen overhead. There was some talk about some planting being on the north pad, that would require that; but specifically nothing at the time.

Mr. McErlane: Did they give an indication why they would plant something that would need shade?

Mr. Jim Johnson: I think a lot of plants need shade when they are new; because it lets sun through but it doesn’t let a lot of sun in and I think it doesn’t dry out as quickly.

Mr. McErlane: The only reason I ask that is there are landscape beds throughout the site that don’t require sunshades over them.

Mr. Jim Johnson: I think only the seasonal stuff requires that and in the spring I think that if you go to most outdoor nurseries you will find that somewhere where the small potted flowers are there is a screen above.

Mr. McErlane: That is because they are in pots and flats. The applicant had indicated where the stock unloading and the customer pick-up would occur, on the south side, although the plans don’t indicate any kind of a gate through that fence.

Mr. Johnson: I found that out too late to get that on the drawing.

(Ms. McBride read her Staff comments.)
Ms. McBride: In addition to Mr. McErlane’s comments I would offer the following thoughts for the Planning Commission; on the north side we would need to see a detailed landscape plan of what they were proposing to put in there. I suspect that any shade structure I look at that as a landscape area, but if they are selling plants directly across the walkway then it is really an outdoor display area. We need to see a detailed landscape plan for that north side and then the question is whether or not that area would be illuminated – it would need to be illuminated when people are going in and out of the Mall so that somebody wandering around in there at 8:30p.m. at night and it is dark and they trip. The other question we had about the north side whether or not the irrigation would be handled for the plant material. When you go to a nursery there is continually hoses stretched across walkways and there are continual puddles of water and dirt, mulch and so forth. The concern that this part of the Staff has is that is not become the main entrance to the Tri-County Mall, with puddles and hoses and so forth; this is a concern for both on the north side and the south side. We will need to find out more specifically what the months and the hours of operation would be for the different facilities that would be particularly on the south side. One of the other questions is how they were going to be getting merchandise into the south side and how folks were going to be able to load up the flats and the bushes to take them home; the applicant indicated that they are apparently going to have a gate to satisfy that. Tied to that is where the bulk merchandise will be stored; that is a pretty small area for a greenhouse operation; if there is going to be potting soil and bags of mulch, additional back up trees, flats of plants and so forth, we need to know where that material is going to be stored prior to being located on that south lot; I don’t see where there is going to be space for storage and sale area on that south portion. I talked about the irrigation of that plant material and there is nothing designated for how waste will be handled on that site. On the north side there is no provision for lighting and on the south side, and in particular as you get into Thanksgiving and Christmas we would wonder how that is going to be handled. What type of security would be provided for that area, typically nurseries are located in more rural type areas or something like Lowe’s or Walmart or those types of facilities, most of their expensive plant material is kept within the garden center area which is locked off at night; Kroger and other folks have flats of pansies and petunias out at night but that is really not the expensive plant material. Some of the other nurseries like Greenfield that have other locations are not located right in the main entryway to a Mall which has folks coming and going at different hours and that is a concern by Staff. There are a lot of questions that we need to get more clarification on because this is, as far as I am concerned, the front door to Tri-County Mall.

Mr. Jim Johnson: On the north side there is a gravel path shown; a landscaped area the people would cut through so we just put the paths there. There is lighting, and there will be accent lighting on the large trees and there will be low ground lighting around the paths and around some of the planting. Probably they will plant some flowers and label them; hopefully people will go to the south side to buy those plants. The comment about the shading is unfortunate but there is no effort to really develop that area it is just going to be landscaped. I don’t know that anyone knows at this point exactly what the plants are going to be; they are mostly going to be low and some will be permanent, some will just be seasonal. It will be irrigated because some of the plants are permanent. I am sure the Mall will not tolerate mud or dirt or hoses being laid across paths; they have as much concern about safety as I think anybody would. The south side, I don’t know where they plan to store material, probably off site because it is not a very large area. They may have to bring it in the morning as they sell it the day before. Pick up and delivery is both on the same side, unfortunately when I did the drawing I wasn’t aware that was parking set aside for restaurant take-out. There will be accent lighting on the south side, as well for the trees and the rest of the lighting will be probably divided into two types. They will all be down-lighting from the frame work overhead. The tenant may wish to string some lights to have some areas a little brighter than others but no tenant has yet signed a lease. I don’t know how they are going to handle the trash, I imagine they are going to have to put it in some kind of container; the Mall is not going to tolerate dirt and empty, dead plants or containers laying on the walk anywhere around that area, that would be the tenant’s responsibility just as it is anywhere in the Mall. I think they envision the area to look very much like the pictures, some overhead framing and some chairs; as friendly as they can make it. It is not a very large area; it is going to be a much smaller operation. Security is very limited; there is not much you can do if people want to climb a fence to steal something they will be able to. The Mall has 24 hour security driving through the place and there will be a decorative gate at the entry and there will be a gate matching the fence at the pick-up and delivery area. There will be some accent lighting in the retaining wall – some of these questions cannot be answered at this time until there is a tenant.

(Mr. Shvegzda read his Staff comments.)

Mr. Okum: As far as retail sales, the things that crossed my mind that would be a concern, if you build the box and the lessee comes in and fills it and they have bags of soil, bags of peat moss, bags of manure; do they want to have Allen rock available so people can buy landscape stones and where are those going to be kept; racks of plants? We would have to know where those things are going to be placed. On the drawing for me to be comfortable, I would need to see where the hard goods are going to be placed; questions of lighting, how will they be hung or installed. We know that if you put Wisteria vines, that there is a period of time that those units need to grow to look like you show in the photographs. We need to know what it is going to look like for the Mall without a tenant and what it is going to look like when the tenant occupies it and where the tenant places their goods. For that retailer to work, we as a Planning Commission need to know if there are pallets brought in; once we allow the outdoor sales area and we say landscape items, what does that encompass? At Christmas it will look a lot different, we will have trees and wreaths and garland, are they going to sell outdoor lighting and are they going to string outdoor lights for display. We need to look at what the Mall will place it at 24/7, seven days a week for the next 365 days, forever in perpetuity. We need to know where those landscape areas, those display areas are and we know that there is soft greenery and there is hard greenery and evergreens and bushes and shrubs – a landscape architect would do that if they were doing a landscape drawing. How it is sitting in front and how it is leaning back against the building would be mandatory as part of the conditions.

Mr. Vanover: I too would echo the parking issues and traffic flow issues. One of the questions I will ask is with the sun stopper, what is the snow load?

Mr. Johnson: It will only be there for the summer months.

Mr. Vanover: A landscape operation at the Mall doesn’t make me want to jump hoops; it is a different retail. This would be better labeled as a conceptual plan or review.

Ms. Stephanie Haas: I do the temporary leasing at the Mall.
The big thing for us to point out here is this is not going to be permanent; we are still actively looking for restaurants to place on either side of the Mall. With this economy no one is committing or signing. We would like to bring this in and get rid of the fence and have the sales at the nursery going on until those are signed. Once those deals are signed and in place the nursery will be gone and everything will be removed. The months of operation will be March through December 9:00 a.m. –
7:00 p.m.; we only expect it to be empty for two months. You asked about garbage, there is a loading port on either side of the north side and south side and that is right beside where the nursery will be; they will be using the dumpsters and compactors that we have located right beside them in the loading port. Deliveries will all be done through the loading port connected to the south side, same with on the north side bringing in plants we will be using the loading port. Right now you cannot see the parking that is there because the fencing blocks it off, we don’t allow anybody to park in the carry out spaces. The big thing to let you know, the Mall is still actively looking for restaurants. We think the nursery will be beautiful and our plans are only to allow the tenants to sell plants, then Christmas trees, pumpkins and mums; we are not looking at the mulch and all the other accessories, the tenant we are talking to, that is not their plans. The Mall has 24 hour security and we have camera systems out there; but the tenants are aware of that and we can’t guarantee that somebody is not going to take anything and they are fine with that.

Mr. Bauer: Are you looking at short-term leases with that tenant so that it doesn’t tie you up for years?

Ms. Haas: Yes. We are looking at one year at a time. With the way the Mall agreements are written, when we sign the deal and they move in; we can give that tenant a thirty day notice to take them off the property and immediately start our work with whatever we have going in there.

Mr. Bauer: My concern is to the look of the thing and I know that it is temporary and that helps me a little bit. I am concerned about the sunscreen, I don’t like how that looks in these photos; the greenhouse concerns me what that will look like, knowing that it is temporary. I was really concerned with where the Mall was going with this thing on a long term basis. My other concern is about traffic and I will ask
Mr. Shvegzda; will that work for what they are going to use that for?

Mr. Shvegzda: That is correct, because the drawings don’t show a gate; they do indicate a fence and those kinds of things do need to be verified.

Mr. Johnson: The greenhouse roofs are only, at the peak, 16’ high. The sun stopper when it droops or sags looks bad, this won’t be the case it will be stretched tight and only there during the summer. As far as it being plastic or flimsy, they are going to have to meet Building Code of 90 mph wind requirements so it can’t be too plastic or too flimsy. It is a preliminary conceptual plan.

Mr. Darby: I agree with my colleges who have said that this is a move in the right direction to do something with that area. It would be very useful if all this good information that has come about in the later part of discussion could be presented to us in a coherent fashion where you respond to Staff’s concerns. Two areas of particular note that I think need to be addressed would be the traffic flow, as far as the pick-up and the safety issues on 747 and also the irrigation plan.

Chairman Butrum: I think the most useful thing for you here is to gauge the temperature of the Commission. I will add my comments on what I would like to see: I think the definition is a little too loose; my definition of what would be appropriate would be different for Lowe’s than it would be for the most significant upscale retail venue that we have – the front entrance of it in the City, so my standards for this would be pretty high. Would you be open to having some time-frame, if we would approve something to be a temporary thing and it could be renewed perhaps? There have been a number of decisions that this Commission has made over the past two years or so purely because of the economic environment that we are in. Long term it is not what I want to see there and it is not what the Mall wants to see. I don’t know what that time-frame is, maybe it is a year to year basis or eighteen months and that is not to say that it can’t be brought back for an extension, but I just wonder if it wouldn’t make sense to at least think through that as well, and from the comments that may make people feel more comfortable with it. You said that you are not looking for people to be selling mulch and things like that and I think that would help a ton. The value to you is to hear where we are at so that you can address that.
Would you want to request to table this to address some of these things?

Mr. Johnson: I don’t have a problem with that at all and I think I can address most of them pretty clearly. We can stipulate that there will be no pallet materials. The traffic issue is the easiest because that has been solved and I just didn’t show it clearly. I think the greenhouse roof is going to be much less intrusive than you think it is.

Chairman Butrum: Just as Mr. Okum said, getting as vivid a picture as possible is what we need.

Mr. Johnson: The construction details of what little framing is there, isn’t what you are used to seeing in the average nursery; it is not going to sag and droop and twist, it is really more firmly constructed than that; this is going to be cleaner than that and better constructed, even though there is not a lot of construction there.

Mr. Okum: If we can fine tune the details, get pathway and safety issues and understand the trellis / greenhouse appearance and how it is going to look from 747 - Princeton Pike and how it is going to affect the face of the Mall.

Ms. McBride: If in fact you are talking to Greenfield, it might be very helpful for the Commission to get some photographs of the Anderson Greenfield location because it is on a pretty tight lot.

Mr. Johnson: Will I get a priority list?

Mr. McErlane: We have provided draft copies of Minutes in the past when they become available.

Mr. Johnson: Maybe I can call you and you will remember something that I am forgetting; I can make a list of things that need to be addressed and maybe I can stop by and go over it with you.

Mr. Okum: I move to table.
    Mr. Vanover seconded the motion and with six “aye” votes, one member absent, the request for outdoor sales and landscaping at the west entrance of Tri-County Mall,
    11700 Princeton Pike was tabled.

    Mr. McErlane: You will be automatically on the agenda for the meeting on June 8th, 2010 and you need to get information back to us by the 28th of May.


       
VII. DISCUSSION

A. Chairman Butrum: We will move on to the discussion about the length of time of meetings. I think there are some things that we could certainly explore procedurally. Thirty-two of the past thirty-six meetings have been about 2 hours and 15 minutes or less and some significantly less. Recently we have had one applicant that has driven the longer meetings.

Mr. Okum: Additionally, once an application is in the pipeline we have to dispense of those in a certain period of time?

Mr. McErlane: The Zoning Code provides for a timeframe but it also allows Planning Commission to extend that timeframe; based upon the applicants wish to continue or additional information required.

Mr. Bauer: I have two issues, so I will tell you what my thoughts are; for the applicants sake I do think there should be some kind of procedure where they are given an agenda to follow because you can see other applicants that don’t take as long. It seems to me that we hear a commercial for how long they want to commercialize, which has nothing to do with their proposal in front of us; so I do think there needs to be some kind of procedural agenda given to the applicant that states the suggested format for their presentation. I also feel bad for the order of business, I understand that there is Old Business and New Business but when you get somebody that is sitting for four hours waiting to talk five minutes about a sign, I don’t think that is right; some thought needs to be given to how that is presented. Granted, some of those signs that you think are going to take five minutes, take longer than that and it seems like we could push those folks ahead of ones that are going to take hours.

Mr. Vanover: I understand your frustration because I get irritable when people become very combative; I reach a point and I go into shut down mode. Changing the agenda, I guess we could look at that. Other than the last three meetings it goes back to 2003 that we had a run. While frustrating and irritating, this is an anomaly that we have been through. In other meetings such as the Board of Education you get three minutes and I disagree with that. I think long term this is an anomaly that we are going to face from time to time.

Mr. Okum: A couple of things; one is freedom of expression and everybody expresses their content, their information differently, sometimes it is better prepared. We have had, this year alone, two projects presented to us and one was prepared more professionally and one was prepared less professionally. If we had set a limit of fifteen or twenty minutes to present a presentation the interaction between Planning Commission and the applicant and the rebuttal that occurred for one particular case blew the fifteen minute or twenty minute limitation. Just for the record, when do the Staff comments go back to the applicant?

Mr. McErlane: The initial comments go back to them about 2 or 2 ½ weeks prior to the meeting.

Mr. Okum: And those comments are fairly close to the final comments?

Mr. McErlane: Yes, and typically they are pared back; if the applicant pays attention to them they are pared back to a smaller list by the time the Commission gets them.

Mr. Darby: I go back to the Shop-co Days and those were long. I understand the concern about this and I do not like long meetings; it is a Planning process and it is hard to set limitations on discussion dialogue. If Staff is able to tweak agendas for the convenience of some of our presenters who can do their thing and get out of here and then we can go into the meatier issues, that would be great but we never know where it is going to come from. Through all of my experience, three stints on Planning, I have seen some very long meetings and even when the meetings aren’t long there are some particular issues that are a lot longer than they should be; let’s be honest it is on both sides. Sometimes I don’t agree with the time you take but I vigorously defend the right to take the time, on both sides. I would not like to see a situation where time is limited for anyone, the applicant who is trying to make the presentation more clear or the Commission member who is trying to glean a greater deal of understanding. I am happy with the results because throughout the region historically the Springdale Planning Commission is known for being a lighthouse operation perhaps because we put the time into it and because of great Staff to support us.

Chairman Butrum: Even if we had standards, it is hard to govern against someone’s inability to be articulate and that holds true for myself, as well; so to Don’s point I think that does apply for both sides. My concern is if we were to alter and move something from “New Business” to “Old Business” I wonder if that is going to feel arbitrary and imply that we know the outcome of something before we have even heard it. In a situation like this that would make me nervous and I think it would be unfair.

Mr. Vanover: That brings up a point that we have to remember, these are legal proceedings; we have to allow it to play out. This last applicant, we did something that I have never seen us do, we had that special session with Mr. Galster and myself and Staff and we sat down and laid a picture out and they came back with something completely different; so I am thinking why did we do this. I was happy to do it, but it made it even more frustrating.

Mr. Okum: As far as the order of the agenda, switching “New Business” ahead of “Old Business”, I personally don’t have a problem with that; the agenda is up to the Chair to do.

Mr. Darby: Dave, I would disagree with that because you’re dealing with an area of past practice which has worked for us pretty well; the people who are presenting “Old Business” have been here and I think we owe it to them to try to work through what we have begun with them. Let’s not make any consideration for changes in operating procedures because of some aberration that came through here.

Mr. Okum: I agree.

Mr. Bauer: My only thought on this whole thing was not to just cut time; it was to try to be more effective at what we do and what they do. If that can’t be done with a change of guidelines or if we don’t feel that can happen, then so be it.

Chairman Butrum: I am not sure it can’t, I am open to ideas but I just don’t have anything concrete in my mind; if someone has some ideas on procedural changes.
I spoke with Staff about it and it is actually common in many other venues that the presentation is done by Staff, it actually starts with Staff and they explain what the applicant is doing and then you may not get some of that irrelevant background material. My hunch is that you will still get it and if somebody thinks that information is important for you to understand then they are going to find a way to express it whether it is at the beginning of the meeting or later on.

Mr. Okum: I am with the Regional Planning Commission and the presentation and the application is presented by Staff with recommended motions that can be amended; Anne is on Anderson Township.

Ms. McBride: A lot of places including Anderson, the Staff goes first and makes a presentation and then the applicant will come up and supplement that presentation with what their concerns might be relative to Staff’s concerns or if they feel Staff omitted or didn’t put enough emphasis on something; just to try to keep it on track. I don’t know with the few exceptions that we have seen recently that a lot of the applicants are burning up a lot of the time.

Mr. Darby: Regardless of the time issue, I like the idea of the Staff presenting first because what it does it forces the applicant to respond to what you have gleaned from the submission and it brings more of a sense of uniformity to what we do here. Instead of us sitting here sorting through numerous kinds of presentation styles we can sit here and we have looked at your notes and we can hear you bring them to life and then the applicant responds and personally I think that would be more efficient but I think it is more substantial for us to get a better understanding of it.

Chairman Butrum: If I were an applicant I would like the opportunity to sell you – kind of put a positive spin - before I start hearing why maybe we ought not do it the way that I am proposing.
Mr. McErlane: I think allowing the applicant to present his project gives the applicant the opportunity to say why they are doing and give you the big picture. I think if Staff gives their comments then the first thing we go to are the points that need to be answered.

Mr. Okum: There is a lot more involved if Staff is making the presentation up front, then they have to do historical for us, so that we understand the history; not all of us have been through 25 years of history with Planning Commission in Springdale.

Mr. Darby: Do you feel we get that information just because the applicant presents first?

Mr. Okum: If the applicant wants to give us the history to the development and they find it pertinent to their case, then they feel it is important. For me, I like to hear the history.

Chairman Butrum: If the applicant gives me the framework of “why” they want to do something and then I can weigh it as I hear Staff, and I agree with Mr. Darby, it brings to life why these are concerns then I have enough of a foundation to weigh that.

Mr. Okum: It is not a bad idea to try Staff doing the presentation and I think
Mr. Butrum is right about all of the negatives, the considerations, the items of discussion that you are getting on the front end and I think it makes it awkward for the applicant and he is now on the defensive.

B. Chairman Butrum: The other item for discussion is the recommended text amendments to various sections of the Zoning Code; did anyone have any questions on those?
   
    Mr. Okum: I have one, the definition of green-space; are weeds ground cover?

    Mr. McErlane: Weeds are vegetation; ground cover is vegetation.

    Mr. Okum: What is landscaping?

    Ms. McBride: It is hardscaping.

    Mr. McErlane: The intent of putting vegetation in there is that we may have areas that are wooded currently, that are to remain wooded or brush, they are not grass and they are not landscaping.

Mr. Dave Okum: Based upon that, I recommend that we approve the recommended changes to the Zoning Code with the following attached amendments and forward this to Council for their consideration.
Mr. Vanover seconded the motion, and with six “aye” votes the recommended text amendments to the Zoning Code were forwarded to Council.


VIII. ADJOURNMENT

Mr. Vanover moved to adjourn; Mr. Darby seconded and with a unanimous
“aye” vote from the Planning Commission Members present, the meeting adjourned at 8:46 p.m.

Respectfully submitted,

________________________, 2010 ___________________________________
            Chairman Tony Butrum


________________________, 2010 ___________________________________
                Richard Bauer, Secretary