Food Safety at Home

Food safety at home can protect you from food poisoning. 

Think you may have a food borne illness? Seek medical attention right away, then follow these steps from the FDA:

  • Save the food package, can, or carton. Then report the problem. 
  • Call USDA at 1-888-674-6854 if you think the illness was caused by meat, poultry, or eggs.
  • Call FDA at 1-866-300-4374 for all other foods.
  • Call Springdale Health Department at (513)346-5725 if you think you got sick from food you ate in a restaurant or other food seller.