FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

Does the Springdale Health Department offer Food Safety training such as ServSafe courses?

How do I file food or nuisance-related complaint?

Contact the Springdale Health Department at (513)346-5725 or health [at] springdale.org (email) us.

How do I locate a copy of the Rules that regulate Food Operations in Ohio?

Click on the links to review the Ohio laws related to food safety:

How do I obtain a home bakery permit?

Please visit the Home Bakery page on the Ohio Department of Agriculture's website: ODA Home Bakery License

I have lost my Food Service Operation or Food Establishment license; can I receive a copy of the license?

Yes. A duplicate license may be issued by the Springdale Health Department (513) 346-5725 or health [at] springdale.org (email).

I purchased a food license (F.S.O. or R.F.E.)for my old location; I moved, do I need a new license?

Yes. The license is issued for the location. A new license must be obtained.

What facilities does the Springdale Health Department inspect?

Food operations (food service operations and food establishments), public swimming pools and spas, schools, tattoo and body piercing operations, jails, hotels and motels.

What Health Department fees are associated with Food Service Operation or Food Establishments?

The plan review permit fee is a minimum of $100 (first hour) and $50 for each additional hour. Food license fees are based upon risk class. Current food license fee schedule. 

What is the procedure for obtaining a Food Service Operation or Food Establishment permits?

Food operations must complete the plan review process to obtain a food license. Plan review application.

What other inspections or investigations are conducted by the Springdale Health Department?

The Springdale Health Department also conducts animal bite (rabies control) investigations and housing/nuisance inspections.